Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Plug your device into a computer with iTunes installed using an MFi certified cable.
- Hold the power button for three seconds and swipe to shutdown.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for ten seconds.
- Stop holding the power button but continue holding Home.
- If you have followed the instructions above iTunes should notify you that there is a device in 'Recovery Mode' connected within about fifteen seconds.
Your device should auto-magically exit DFU Mode once a restore has been successfully completed, but if the restore fails or you want to return to a normal boot just hold down Power and Home for five seconds to Hard Reset your device.